There is an event on "Cloud and your business". It will take place in London, UK on 19th March 2013. Beneath you will find the link to the event, a short description, the programme and some information how you can register.
Cloud Computing promises to reduce costs and to push innovation; however, before deciding whether to incorporate this within your business model, it is wise to recognise the factors associated with this technology first. Against this backdrop, SMi Group’s timely, interactive masterclass will provide an overview of what the Cloud is, but more importantly, what the Cloud is not.
Key concerns and the realities of what it means to have your business in the Cloud will be carefully considered and addressed as potential issues of buying into the Cloud. How to avoid these potential issues will be demonstrated along with some practical examples of how you might employ the Cloud. In addition to soVision, this full-day session will feature a Cloud infrastructure expert from Rise to discuss some of the more technical aspects of the infrastructure behind the scenes.
09.00 Welcome & Introductions
09.10 What the Cloud is, but more importantly, what the Cloud isn't
• Understand how your organisation can benefit and if it is the right fit for your business
• Realise the differences between various Cloud Providers in the marketplace
09.50 Security and Risk Concerns shifting to a Cloud environment
• Comparison of IaaS provider Datacentre level security and typical end user network security
• Cost, Downtime, Maintenance, Redundancy, Performance
10.50 Morning Coffee
11.10 Live demonstrations of Cloud solutions applied in a various business scenarios
• The benefits a hosted desktop solution brings
• See real-time secure collaborative communications on multiple devices, ie. iPhone/iPad, Thin Client, Laptops, and others…
12.00 Group Discussion
12.30 End of Session
HOW TO BOOK
Register online: www.smi-online.co.uk/utilities-cloud.asp
Contact Teri Arri
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7827 6162